Friday 13 November 2009

Super cool stylist: Kirsty Drury


For those who don't know this face, this is Kirsty Drury stylist to the stars who is fast gaining a brilliant reputation in the styling world. Having recently teamed up with Wonderbra, check out the OSOYOU interview below for all you need about the seasons new trend, Gok Wan and more!

OSOYOU interview

Stylist to the likes of Kylie Minogue, Claudia Schiffer and Cat Deeley, Kirsty Drury knows just about all there is to know when it comes to fashion. And just before she jetted off for a 10 day shoot in Cape Town, we managed to catch up with her to pick her brain on what’s hot this season, her favourite designers and all importantly, who she'd love to get her hands on next!

As Kylie Minogue’s stylist, you must have got to know her pretty well. Is she as sweet as she comes across?

"I have styled Kylie and she is wonderful. She has her own fantastic sense of style, but enjoys listening to a stylist's ideas too."

Who’s been your favourite celebrity to work with?

"Gok Wan. I'm the Fashion Producer of the Channel 4 series Gok's Fashion Fix. He is hilarious and his sharp tongue and quick-witted retorts have me crying with laughter. He has a great eye when it comes to styling."

Is there anyone in particular you’d love to get your hands and re-style?

"Angelina Jolie. I want to get her out of those sombre dresses and dreary colours she's recently taken to wearing."

Do you have a style icon?

"At the moment I'm into Betty Draper and Joan Holloway in Mad Men. Or Grace Jones."

As a stylist to the stars, you must get loads of freebies, what’s the best thing you’ve ever received?

"Jean Paul Gaultier gave me a pair of made to measure gold sequined trousers."

Where do you love to shop?

"Oxfam on Wesbourne Grove, Topshop at Oxford Circus, TKMaxx early mornings, Rellick on Golbourne Road."

What are your top 3 style tips for the new season?

"A strapless dress worn with long gloves and a dusting of gold glitter across the collar bone and shoulders. Black sheer tights, with a tiny spot print if you're daring, are the new opaques. Wear them with party dresses for a glam eighties vibe. Black glossy ankle boots with a cone heel will update any outfit."

Have you ever made a fashion faux pas? If so, what was it?

"In the late 80's tights didn't have so much lycra in them and tended to sag between the legs so girls would wear a pair of knickers over the top of their tights. This particular night all I had left in my pants drawer was a pair of huge white knickers, which I wore over my thick black tights and under a long black knitted skirt. The boy I really fancied thought it would be funny to lift my skirt up over my head as I was stood with a big group of people under a streetlamp and my fashion faux pas glowed big, bright and white and everyone just laughed and laughed at me. I never lived it down."

What’s in your handbag right now?

"I've just arrived in Cape Town for a ten-day shoot so my bag is stuffed from the overnight flight. In it is my Gucci sunglasses, Topshop pink fluffy socks, Korres lipgloss, yoghurt raisins, The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley, and Twilight by Stephenie Meyer."

Finally, what are your 3 can’t-live-withouts this season

"A Wonderbra Ultimate Strapless bra is perfect for under all those strapless dresses. It's so sexy it can even been worn on it's own with a high waisted pencil skirt or trousers for that underwear as outerwear look that is so now. Long leather gloves to go with 3/4 sleeved coats. Over the knee boots to wear with mini dresses or hotpants and tights."

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...