Wednesday 23 May 2012

Happy Feet: Mariettas Fantasy Sandal Collection 2012

Hot, sunny weather has been storming the shores of Greece for quite some time now, so it's only appropriate that I find some decent footwear that is not only comfortable but stylish. Note, I am a sucker for colour & detail or something dead simple, understated but stylish too - very contradictory (but yes I am that kinda girl, it's either all or nothing with me). I managed to discover the perfect amalgamation of all these things in Marietta's Fantasys new collection.

 Let me introduce you to Greek beauty Marietta Chrousala, TV personality and model (who, believe me looks even more gorgeous in the flesh) whose collection was born out of reaction in not finding the ultimate pretty, comfortable sandal. Marietta ended up doing a bit of cratista by making her own leather sandal with the help of her uber crafty mum and together they created their very first pair of decorative sandals. When strangers stopped her in the street on numerous occasions to ask where they could buy a pair, she knew it was the moment to branch out & design a collection. It took about a year to complete the design process to actual launch of the collection via the online boutique and now she's considering plans to expand into the accessories area... you heard it here first loves!

 Each pair have a slight heel and comfy non slip soles


Calling all cupcake lovers!

 My faves - the black and nude patent leather thong with skull or crown motif - I think I want both, one for day and one for night! 

 Lots of hand-beaded colourful leather sandals

Stylist to the Stars Alex Katsaiti with Marietta in cute black playsuit, image via Alex K

The majority of Marietta's collection leather sandal remind me of all things summery & happy; it's super girly, pretty, playful and colourful, with two gorgeous patent numbers, which I couldn't help but swoon over (see photos above). There are around 30 odd styles in the new collection, with new styles coming soon for high summer, all of which are handmade by Marietta and her mother and produced in Greece with slip resistant soles. Perfect for not wiping out on Athens dodgy pavements I say!
Lastly I adore the new pink & black zebra foldable flip flop - which you can sneak into your (teeny) bag if you're suffering from a spot of tired feet! For more information, please visit Marietta's Fantasy.

Thanks to Zoe, Aliki & Marietta for having me! It was so good seeing you beautiful ladies!
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...