Thursday 7 March 2013

SAVE YOUR SKIN: HEAVENLY HAND CREAMS


I'm afraid that even now in March, my paws seem to be dry and lacking in the super soft department. The weather has definitely not been my friend and the night time ritual of slathering on hand cream along with a good massage is the only resolve.
My fail safe go-to's though-out the winter months and all year long have helped improve the condition of my hands dramatically and I suggest you make room for these little beauties in your hand bag now, whatever the weather!
Current Loves!
I'm totally smitten with The Body Shops Absinthe collection, particularly the purifying hand cream (£10). I'm afraid you won't get a vision of Kylie as a fairy visiting you & doing a jiggle once you've applied the hand cream, but what you will get are fully hydrated paws (it's not a greasy hand cream even with the magic ingredient - shea butter!). I'm in love with the scent which lingers long after application and as a pregnant woman, smells are very particular with me, I either love or hate it!

Having to get public transport where people are constantly sneezing and coughing all over place makes me feel icky, especially if I have to touch the very same handrails, so you'll always find a bottle of  purifying hand gel or anti-bacterial hand gel in my hand bag. The above two are my beauty saving partners in crime right now!


For healthier looking hands...
I have used all of the above hand creams - they're all good, whatever the budget. I must admit, the cheapie - Nivea Creme does leave a slightly greasy touch afterward as it takes a while to sink in but it is good and has even been compared to Creme de la Mer - it has that protecting and hydrating factor. 
Soap & Glory always have the most delicious smelling skincare/beauty products but what is exceptional about this hand cream is that rehydrates asap and leaves hands feeling silky!
Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula helps with chapped skin leaving your hands all velvety but not 'fed' enough, what I like about it is that is protects against the weather and has a subtle scent. 
Jurliques Lavender hand cream not only nourishes, smells amazing but moisturizes well as it's thick and creamy - my Aussie rellies introduced me to this brand and it's a great buy at the airport!

A Little Goes a Long Way...
One of my fave splurges in winter is L'Occitane's shea butter hand cream (£19/150ml or £8/30ml - Hit the Duty Free counter at the airport!). I know a lot of friends swear by this hand cream and why not? It's gorgeously thick, creamy and sinks in well without being greasy, leaving hands super soft and hydrated. The smell is oh so sweet too... I've heard that if you do suffer from skin conditions such as psoriasis, this is a great hand cream for keeping them hydrated & in good condition. 
With the older, larger tube design you'll find you may have to cut the end off to get the rest out & finish off the tube properly (I fear this is going to happen with my Body Shop Absinthe tube)! The 30ml tube is a great handbag essential and is in the plastic format. A friend of mine has the rose petals one and leaves the tube next to the kitchen sink, I love sneaking a smidgen, such a gorgeous smell!

What are your handbag or nightstand hand cream faves? If your hands are really out of control dry, I'd suggest exfoliating with a sugar scrub to help get rid of any dead, dry skin and apply a thick moisturiser and wear a pair of gloves overnight.
HOT TIP:  I also tend to use any excess anti ageing face cream on the back of my hands too.

Huge thanks to The Body Shop Greece for the Absinthe Hand collection! Σας ευχαριστώ πολύ! x.o.x.o
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...