Monday 17 June 2013

THE CARRIE COMMANDMENTS: WHAT WE LEARNT FROM SATC QUOTES

 
Happy Monday folks! I hope your weekend was beautiful! Did you make the most of it or did you enjoy chilling out after a hectic week?

Sometimes I like to revisit a box-set of Sex & The City, I just love love loved the show, from the girls, the wardrobe to the script. I can't quite get over how the first ever episode aired 15 years ago in 1998! For realz! Man I miss this show, the glamour, the great lines from each of the gals... Wish there was something right now which showcases style as this show once did. Anyhoos, here's a little recap of a few things we've learnt from the show & Carrie Bradshaw.

Not everyone can wear white
Sometimes the dry-cleaning bills just aren't worth it:  "I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

Dress by your own rules
When it comes to fashion, you should always stick to your guns: "I have a style and jewelled panties aren't it."

Your wardrobe is your ultimate investment 
To always choose shoes over stocks and shares: "I like my money where I can see it - hanging in my closet."
…But never to forget about paying your rent: "I’ve spent $40,000 on shoes and I have no place to live? I will literally be the old women who lived in her shoes!"
Contemplate: If you're having a contemplative moment there's no better way to start your train of thought than with: "I couldn't help but wonder…"

Always remember your girlfriends
There's always time for a cheesy but true line about your girlfriends: "'They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style."

Every girl has the right to fabulous shoes
Manolos are the holy grail of shoes: "Oh my God! Do you know what these are? Manolo Blahnik Mary Janes! I thought these were an urban shoe myth!" ... And you're totally worth it: "The fact is, sometimes it's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun."
With great expectations comes great love
There's nothing wrong with high expectations: "I am someone who is looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love."


Single is sexy
Love can wait: "Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with."
Images all via Pinterest.com & quotes via Instyle.com

Wishing you all a spectacular week!
Kali evdomada
x.o.x.o
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...