Saturday 11 December 2010

Beautifully wrapped (& a note to readers....) v.1


I love receiving beautifully wrapped gift or gifts that have been wrapped in a super fun creative way. But it also breaks my heart to rip into beautifully wrapped gifts too, so I'm much more careful when getting into a present and where possible, I try to recycle the pretty trimmings.

I also have friends who like to guess what their gifts are by rattling, sniffing (yes, really!) or shaking them, so being creative is key. I'll put jewellery, make up, sweets in Bonne Maman jam jars I've saved and wrap it... or I'll try to provide some element of surprise with different, inventive ways of wrapping gifts. Oh and one more thing I love sparkly & glittery confetti thrown into the wrapping
!With Christmas literally around the corner, you may be wishing that Santa's Elves would secretly sneak into your home and help you with gift wrapping, right?
Anyhow, here are a few gift wrapping ideas to help you on your way if you haven't got it sorted already!



Pom pom gift topper madness over at Creature Comfort's blog - This is a great little discovery, if you love anything papery or general inspiration, then you'll love this blog. The DIY info is here.

Yet another great discovery, Timeless Paper has lots of papery chic inspiration. Gorgeous handmade wintery gift wrapping at it's best. I love the use of twine, mixed textures, buttons and the cool neutral tones here.

Bring on recycling! I love the simple use of newspaper (the Financial Times or Foreign newspapers are great too) teamed with bright coloured ribbon and a hand painted/doodled postcard slipped in to the side.
Empty paint cans (from the DIY store) teamed with a bit of sparkle or a gorgeous bauble will make any gift look awesome. Printed paper = instant coolness!

via bhg.com
Don't know about Martha Stewart? Holy banana's this site has more than enough ideas to take you through to next years holiday gift wrapping! I love the use of raw materials and wilderness... photocopied fabric as wrapping paper = genius & fun and also brown paper or maps.

via marthastewart.com

One final thing.

Dear A Brit Greek Readers,

I just want to say a huge thank you for all your comments, which make me smile, fill my heart with warmth & fuzziness and gives my blogging mojo hope, happiness and passion, all of which makes this blogging experience more worthwhile.

Thank you so much for taking time out to leave sweet comments, stop by, share your thoughts or opinions, as I can appreciate that you all have busy lives too. Please know that I would reply to each and every comment if I could right now, except that I have taken on a lot over the festive season. If I haven't replied back with a comment on my blog, I will be sure to, on yours soon!
You guys are such a bunch of lovely people, with cherries on top and I am so glad to have met some great blogging buddies along the way, Anyhoos, your contribution to this ickle blog is just as valuable as mine.
So here are some hugs and kisses for y'all!

Love,
A Brit Greek
x.o.x.o

p.s If you want to catch up on a fantastic read on staying connected in blogging and a bit of food for thought, check out Grit & Glamours Friend Friday post, here.

NB: *The Friend Friday
project by Modly Chic is a way for fashion bloggers to share more about themselves and create a friendly connection with other bloggers. *
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...